Robotics Academy Certified ROBOTC Training for VEX IQ (Online)
This course requires VEX IQ hardware and ROBOTC Programming software (not included with tuition).
Web-based teacher, mentors, and coaches training using ROBOTC with VEX IQ. Tuition includes online access to the Introduction to Programming VEX IQ Curriculum.
Robotics Academy online training includes:
– Online access to VEX IQ Curriculum
– Online access to supplemental lessons from other Robotics Academy materials
– Technical support for all hardware and software used in the class
– 24/7 access to class forums and message boards (monitored daily)
The following is required is required in order to take this course:
VEX IQ Robot Kit – Sold Seperately
We recommend the VEX IQ Super Kit which contains the hardware necessary for the class. Class registrants can purchase this bundle at discounted prices at the Robomatter Store. Please call 412-963-7310 or e-mail [enter email] for more information.
Computer System Requirements
– Windows® XP, VISTA, 7, 8 or later / Mac® OSX 10.8 or later
– Internet Explorer 9.0 or later / Mozilla Firefox® 18.0 or later / Safari 6 or later
– Adobe Reader 7 or later (Adobe Reader 9 included for PC)
– Two available USB ports for robot and optional headset
– Broadband internet connection
Getting Started with VEX IQ
– Installing Drivers
– Connecting the IQ to your PC
– Updating Firmware
– Downloading and running code
Motors and Servos
– Setting your motors’ speed and direction
– Resetting and using your Encoders
– Setting the motor’s position and strength
Wireless Controller (Remote Control)
– Getting and using your Joystick values
– Setting up your controller’s buttons
Touch LED Sensor
– Getting the touch LED Value
– Setting the brightness
– Setting the color
– Setting the Fade and blink rate
– Getting the color value
– Changing the saturation value
– Changing the hue value
– Touch LED sensor applications
Tuition Cost – $499
If you are paying by Check or Purchase Order (PO), please fill out the Registration Form.
Aug 1st – 5th, 2016
Monday – Friday for 1 week
3 – 5pm EST (12 – 2pm PST)
There are two schedule formats available online training:
Six Consecutive Week
– Classes take place on listed day of the week, for six consecutive weeks
– Classes are two hours long, followed by a half hour of Q & A
Five Consecutive Days (Only for Summer sessions)
– Each class is held in a single week, five sessions in five in consecutive days
– Classes are two hours long, followed by a half hour of Q & A
Online access to Introduction to Programming VEX IQ are given to online attendees.
We will only use personal information (such as name, mailing address or e-mail address) contained in your registration or correspondence to respond to your questions or provide Robotics Academy updates. If you enter a chat area or post messages, remember that other users may have access to your email address and user name. The Robotics Academy will not share any personal information provided by you with any unauthorized person or company except where the disclosure is required by law or is necessary to comply with legal process.
Certificate of Completion Requirements
To earn the Certificate of Completion, class attendees must complete all homework assignments to the satisfaction of the instructor.
Classes at the Robotics Academy are available to individuals who are at least 18 years of age and minors who have parental consent to enroll. The Robotics Academy reserves the right to restrict, suspend or terminate any student for violation of these policies. In consideration of your involvement with the Robotics Academy you agree to provide true, accurate and current information about yourself when you register. If you provide any information that is inaccurate or if The Robotics Academy has reasonable grounds to suspect the information is inaccurate, the Robotics Academy has the right to terminate your account.
Purchasing a seat to online classes gives access to one participant only. Resources distributed as part of the class are for use of the participant only. Fees for CDs, software, or robot kits may be paid by check or credit card. Purchase Orders are also acceptable. Please contact Robomatter at 412-963-7310 for information about registering for the course, payment for the course, or if the course will be held. Please email if you have questions about the content of the course.
Internet Access / Bandwidth Fees
The Robotics Academy is not responsible for any internet access or bandwidth fees you incur while taking this class.
International Export Controls
International enrollment is subject to applicable United States export controls and laws.
Robotics Academy CDs/DVDs and headsets are non-refundable. The Robotics Academy will offer partial refunds for tuition expenses only (excluding headsets or CDs/DVDs) if class registrants contact us prior to the beginning of the first class.
Copyrighted Class Material
All course documents are owned by The Robotics Academy. These materials may not be reprinted in any form except those specified for instructional purposes. The course documents and presentations may be displayed and printed for personal, non-commercial use only. Only students registered for this course may access this material. The Robotics Academy makes every effort to provide accurate and up-to-date content. However, we have no liability for the accuracy, content, or accessibility of the hyperlinks included with class material.
Use of Student Material
The Robotics Academy reserves the right to use coursework done by students for the purpose of advancing the educational mission of the Academy. When this occurs, students will be given the option to have their name credited to the material. This includes, but is not limited to, text, graphics, multimedia and other material created as part of the Robotics Academy online course assignments.
You agree to indemnify and hold the Robotics Academy harmless from any and all losses, actions, controversies, suits, demands, claims, liabilities or any causes of action whatsoever. You expressly agree that the Robotics Academy is not responsible or liable for any infringement of another’s rights, including intellectual property rights.
Note: Policies are subjected to occasional revisions.
– ACT 48 credits / 36 hours per class (for Pennsylvania teachers only)
– Certificate of Completion for course ‘graduates’ – may be used to apply for Continuing Education hours