We are excited to share our latest chapter available within out VEX CORTEX Video Trainer Curriculum … Integrated Encoders! Located in the Movement section, this chapter will allow you to increase movement accuracy and automatic movement corrections.
Some of the lessons you’ll learn within this chapter includes:
- Introduction to the Integrated Motor Encoder as an alternative to Rotary Encoder.
- How to use encoders to monitor movement.
- How to use encoders to make more accurate robot movements (Straight line/ turn/ etc…)
- How to enable PID speed control to enforce a consistent movement speed.
- How to more accurately move the robot a certain distance.
At the end, there are two programming challenges, Basketball Drills and Sentry Simulations, that can be completed with either a physical or virtual robot.