We are excited to announce the Sarah Heinz House May Madness event for 2015! This year’s event will take place Saturday, May 2 at the Sarah Heinz House in Pittsburgh, PA.
This Year’s Game:
We will be using the VEX IQ Highrise game. Both VEX IQ and LEGO robots can compete! We will have claw bots of VEX IQ for you to use to compete if you wish! You can sign up for Remote control or Autonomous. The games will be scored separately.
Other games will include:
- A grand challenge like game where students will not know the programming or building components until they arrive. They will then have to program and build to complete the challenge. Each student, or group of students, that completes this challenge will be winners of this competition. You should know how to do things such as forward, turn, backwards, line follow.
- Pick up the most VEX Highrise game cubes at once.
Must be able to start with the blocks on the ground and then raise them into the air.
- A robot Parade where the robot must be able to follow the line, must be able to stop when it gets close to the float in front of it.
- Robot Virtual Worlds – Beltway competition where you will play a modified version of the VEX Highrise game.
- Lego Competition which will use the VEX IQ Highrise game elements.
- VEX CORTEX (EDR) Competition where we will be hosting a VEX Skyrise scrimmage for teams who wish to try out VEX Skyrise in a competitive setting. We must have at least 8 teams sign up to have this competition!
The cost will be $20 per team. With this twenty dollars we will give you vex highrise cubes.
LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE!
The first 25 teams who register will be guaranteed a spot in May Madness. If you are registering more than one team then they will be placed in a waiting list.